Las Vegas: The traditional New Year’s Eve fireworks display will be returning this year. In contrast to the rest of the country, Sin City’s New Year’s Eve festivities are going full steam ahead.
More than 300,000 people gather on the Strip on New Year’s Eve to welcome the new year and witness the spectacular fireworks show. However, Las Vegas authorities have declared that America’s Party 2022 will be larger than ever (due to the addition of a new casino) so that we may usher in the new year in style in 2022.
The Las Vegas Strip’s New Year’s Eve celebration starts at 5 pm on Friday, December 31, when all traffic on the Strip is halted, making it the world’s biggest block party.
According to city authorities, more than 318,000 people from outside the city arrived in Sin Municipal for New Year’s Eve in 2019. The show costs the city an average of $500,000 per year.
An eight-casino fireworks display on the Las Vegas Strip will take place on December 31 this year as part of a coordinated effort. Resorts World’s fireworks have increased the number of participating casinos from the previous year’s seven.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks on the Las Vegas Strip
It has been reported by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority that the “America’s Party 2022” fireworks spectacular will take place at these times and locations:
Friday, December 31st at Midnight
At the stroke of Midnight, the hotels of the following eight casino resorts will light up with pyrotechnics from the tops of their buildings:
- Treasure Island at the Strat Resorts World
- Caesars Palace in Venice is a Venetian version.
- MGM Grand’s Aria and Planet Hollywood
During this year’s eight-minute-long fireworks show, 80,000 fireworks will be let off. A total of 150 fireworks are set off per second.
The Strat’s towering tower will be lit up for a countdown (10, 9, 8…) just before the fireworks display. The Strip fireworks display will be accompanied by music, including “Auld Lang Syne,” as is customary.
Where can you view Las Vegas’ New Year’s Eve fireworks for free on New Year’s Eve?
At about 5 pm on New Year’s Eve, the Strip will be a giant pedestrian promenade where you can watch the fireworks.
While there are wonderful sites all along the Strip, you’ll get better value for your money if you stick to the middle of it (think outside Caesars Palace).
Anyone willing to part up a few bucks (or a lot) to get a prime viewing spot has many choices.
Viewing Parties for New Year’s Eve Fireworks on the Las Vegas Strip
The names are listed from A to Z. I may earn a commission if you click on any links below.
The Palace of the Roman Emperors
On New Year’s Eve, Caesars hosts a viewing party from 10 pm to 1 am on the Spanish Steps in the Roman courtyard area in front of Caesars (on the Bellagio side). There has been no word yet on what will happen in 2022.
Parties are going on inside three of Caesar’s most renowned bars and lounges. These aren’t fireworks parties, but they do have a few features:
- It costs $80 to enter the Vanderpump Cocktail Garden and obtain a raffle ticket for prizes.
- Bottle service for a table of four at Vista Lounge begins at $923 per person (before taxes and fees).
- Tables with bottle service for two at Alto Lounge start at $488. (before taxes and fees).
Please visit CaesarsPalace/NYE2022 to get the latest current pricing and availability for these events.
The Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel and Casino
- There are no more tickets available for the ice rink. Every winter, the Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Pool area is transformed into an ice skating rink. In addition, because of its lofty position, guests may enjoy spectacular views of the fireworks display in the evening hours.
A champagne toast at midnight and skate rentals (while supplies last) are included in the New Year’s Eve ice rink celebration, which begins at 9 pm.
After taxes and fees, individual tickets cost $200, for $483.15 for two persons. Tickets for Cosmo Ice Skating may be purchased here.
- The Chandelier has been discontinued. A low-cost party may be found on Cosmo’s Level 1.5 (especially by Cosmo standards). 10 pm-2 is a party: $125 per person, including tax and gratuity. Includes open bar and champagne, live D.J. performance and party goodies; ice skating upstairs for fireworks viewing.
Cafe Hard Rock
You’ll find the Hard Rock Cafe just north of MGM Grand and just across from Park MGM. New Year’s Eve Strip fireworks can be seen from the restaurant’s three levels and two outside decks.
Tickets for New Year’s Eve are available in three packages: (1) the 6 pm package, (2) the 9 pm package, or (3) Both.
(1) A comedy performance, food, and open bar are all included in the 6 pm Package.
There will be an open bar, a general admission ticket to the comedy performance, and a three-course meal on the 31st starting at 6 pm.
Each ticket costs $150, which comes to $320 if purchased by two individuals. Tickets are now on sale at this link: Around six in the evening, Tickets for the Hard Rock New Year’s Eve.
2. It costs $195 per person for the 9 pm package, which includes three hours of the open premium bar, heavy snack stations, a live band, party goodies, and champagne toast at Midnight.
Taxes and fees add up to $410 for a two-person trip. You may get tickets here: Cafe Hard Rock at 9 pm. On New Year’s Eve.
3. There is a discount if you desire both parties. Both parties’ advantages may be yours for $320 per person or $640 for a couple if you purchase both parties together. Again, fees are included. Navigate to the 9 pm package, then choose the “NYE Comedy Show and Dinner Upsell Discount” add-on before closing the transaction.
At the Las Vegas Margaritaville,
The Flamingo Hotel and Casino’s tropical-themed restaurant is located on the north end of the property, across from Caesars Palace. New Year’s Eve celebrations begin at 9 pm on the Strip.
There are two options for the main level and second and third stories.
Party Favors, a champagne toast, and live entertainment are included in the $99 (tax and fees included) ticket price for the first (main) floor open bar from 9 pm to Midnight. Seating is “unreserved,” which means you may not receive a spot.
Tickets for Margarita’s 2nd and 3rd floor include a 3-hour open bar, champagne toast, party favours, “heavy” hors d’oeuvres and a D.J. for $199 per person (tax and fees included). Seating is described as “open and unassigned,” similar to the first-floor party.
There is no place like Mandalay Bay.
On the southernmost end of the Strip, the Skyfall Lounge at Mandalay Bay’s Delano Las Vegas offers a bird’s-eye view of all the fireworks launched from the northern casinos’ rooftops.
If you want to see the fireworks from the terrace, general admission tickets to the Skyfall Lounge’s New Year’s Eve party start at $195 (before taxes and fees). You’re responsible for your beverages and the D.J.’s set.
Table bookings for $3,500 include entrance for eight individuals and two bottles of alcohol, and two bottles of champagne, for a total of eight bottles. The cost of a 12-person table for five thousand dollars includes eight bottles of booze (four of champagne and four of a quality spirit).
Delano Las Vegas/Skyfall information may be found here.
NY-NY hotel and casino
NY-NY Hotel and Casino is having their “New Year’s Eve Bridge Bash” on the outdoor bridge area of the resort once again, as they have done in the past.
General entry, a D.J., party favors, and “food offerings from local food trucks and open bars” are included in the $264.07 beginning ticket price (before taxes and fees).
You’ll find links to purchase tickets directly from the New York-New York Hotel & Casino. N.Y. Bridge Bash 2022
The Casino & Hotel at Planet Hollywood
- With a Mexican motif, the Cabo Wabo Cantina is Sammy Hagar’s restaurant/bar in Miracle Mile Shops at P.H. It’s located across the street from the Bellagio. Starting at $250, they provide all-you-can-drink patio party seating.
- Bottle service is included in some of the more expensive New Year’s Eve packages at PBR Rock Bar (also on Miracle Mile Shops’ outdoor terrace). Before taxes and fees, the cost per unit is $433.50.
- Suki at Koi, Planet Hollywood’s ultra-lounge, offers stunning views of the Las Vegas Strip. 3rd party websites promote the P.H.’s New Year’s Eve party as beginning at $140 (for ladies before taxes and fees), including an open bar from 10 pm to Midnight.
- If you want to celebrate New Year’s Eve with friends without the distraction of a television, go over to P.H.’s Heart Bar, where a table for six costs $600 and comes with two bottles.
The Paris Las Vegas casino
In Paris Las Vegas, there are several New Year’s Eve celebrations to choose from.
1. SOLD OUT: (1) Chateau
The Paris Las Vegas indoor/outdoor patio club delivers one of the most reasonably priced parties (by Las Vegas standards). Still, all of their packages and tickets have already sold out.
2. A SOLD OUT event at the Paris Las Vegas Beer Park.
Reserving a seat at the bar costs $200 per ticket. Starting at $1,250 for an indoor six-person table, tables are available. There are three bottles included: two of Grey Goose and one of Moet & Chandon.
3. This is the third time Alexxa’s Ultra Lounge has sold out. These are the sidewalk restaurants and bars that face the Strip and are directly in front of the Paris Hotel. There are no more HEXX Kitchen tables available. A four-seater table at Alexxa’s costs $6,000. (before taxes, tips and fees).
4. A table for four at the Napoleon Lounge costs $400, including a drink credit and a bottle of champagne. This isn’t a watching party since the piano bar is located indoors. Here’s the information you’re looking for: New Year’s Eve in the style of Napoleon
In Las Vegas, the Sahara Hotel and Casino
The Sahara’s Azilo Ultra Lounge Pool area on the extreme north end of the Las Vegas Strip is throwing a reasonably priced party. Tickets for a premium open bar (Bulleit Bourbon, Kettle One vodka, and the like) cost $75 (before taxes and fees) and run from 9 pm to 2 am (unlike most parties, where the free drinks stop at Midnight).
There will be a D.J., live music, and a terrific vantage point for watching the fireworks from this elevated outdoor location. Sahara tickets may be purchased here: NYE bash at the Sahara.
The Strat is a guitar.
At the northern end of Las Vegas Boulevard, the casino formerly known as “The Stratosphere” boasts one of the most spectacular vistas in the city.
To attend their “Celebration at the Top” 2022 New Year’s Eve party, which includes access to the SkyPod Tower party on Level 108 of the Strip’s observation deck, tickets cost $150 each. Drinks are not included, but there is a D.J. and party goodies. 9 pm to 1:30 am is the time frame for the event.
Dinner packages at the Strat’s Top of the World revolving restaurant are likewise highly expensive. Prices start at $360 per person.
Strat 2022’s New Year’s Eve Party and Dinner Information
Hotel & Casino T.I. Treasure Island
- As a result, the country-themed Gilley’s Nightclub features an outside terrace directly on the Las Vegas Strip, allowing for “Strip access for fireworks” on New Year’s Eve. Because T.I. is one of the casinos firing off fireworks, this location is a solid choice.
Scotty Alexander will provide party goodies and live music. You are asked to provide your food and beverages (before 8 pm). After that, it was $25. For only $10, you can ride the mechanical bull.
- Starting at $149, Senor Frogs offers an open bar celebration (before taxes and fees).
The Venetian and Palazzo Hotels and Casinos
The Venetian Tower’s Prestige Club Lounge is located on the 36th level, atop the building (and 23 floors atop the Palazzo). With views of the Strip, both hotels feature New Year’s Eve celebrations on the premises. Disco-themed parties are held in the Palazzo and Venetian, although the Venetian’s is a more sophisticated affair with a 1920s-themed décor. Tickets for each event cost $250 and include a midnight champagne toast. For an extra $100, you may buy a drink package add-on.
Festive NYE Events & Music. In Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve.
The following information was correct as of today’s date: There are various Cirque du Soleil events, Blue Man Group performances, magic shows like David Copperfield, and concerts by Katy Perry and Maroon 5 to look forward to before the fireworks begin. Whenever new shows are announced, we’ll be sure to include them in this section.
- Nearby Wynn/Encore, this “immersive” event has a 4-acre site right off the I-15, approximately 3/4 of a mile west.
- The first Playa Playground New Year’s Eve Music & Art Festival will take place in three distinct locations, and it will include a wide range of entertainment, including live music, visual art, carnival rides, and more. Available seats start in the mid $ 200s apiece as this update.
- At 9 pm on December 31, Lil Jon will play a D.J. set at Aria’s Jewell Nightclub.
The Palace of the Roman Emperors
- Wed., December 29, Thurs., December 31 and New Year’s Day are among Usher’s renowned Colosseum residency dates. It’s 8 pm when the shows begin, and
- They’re expensive: At 8 pm on December 31, Usher NYE Steve Aoki will usher in 2022 at the resort’s Omnia nightclub.
- Maroon 5 will perform two gigs at the Cosmo’s Chelsea Theater on December 30 and 31, both at 8 pm. Here is where you can get your hands on a ticket: The band Maroon 5 On New Year’s Eve.
The Cromwell was
- Located on the eleventh floor of the Cromwell, Drai’s Beachclub/Nightclub has 70,000 square feet of outdoor area with stunning Strip views (and fireworks).
- There will be a Rick Ross performance on New Year’s Eve (NYE). Female attendees will pay $150 (before taxes and fees) for the remaining tickets, while male attendees will shell out $200. The complimentary champagne toast at Midnight isn’t included in this, nor are any other perks. Drai’s tickets are on sale now at the following link: NYE 2022 for Drai.
The MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- David Copperfield has a long-running engagement at the MGM Grand, where he performs three performances a day during peak season. Throughout the holiday season, starting on December 24 and continuing through New Year’s Eve, magician David Copperfield will perform three performances, beginning at 4 pm, 7 pm, or 9 pm.
- DJ Black Coffee will play at 8 pm at Hakkasan, MGM Grand’s nightclub at Hakkasan Pre-sale tickets for women start at $75 and include a two-hour open bar, while VIP tables in the Main Room may cost up to $15,000 and seat up to 20 people. The Hakkasannightclub.com website is where you may purchase tickets.
There is no place like Mandalay Bay.
- Former Van Halen vocalist David Lee Roth will perform at the resort’s House of Blues on New Year’s Eve and January 1. At 8 pm, both programs begin. Click here to purchase your tickets: At the House of Blues, Park MGM Resorts International.
- Park MGM’s Dolby Theater hosts Bruno Mars at 9 pm on December 30th and 31st. Click here to purchase your tickets: The MGM Park Bruno Mars.
- Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck has opened his restaurant.
- In Planet Hollywood’s V Theater, the 1980s pop band The Jets will play at 6:30 pm.
The World’s Best Resorts
- To ring in the new year, Katy Perry will be doing three shows throughout the week of December 29–31–1–2, 2021/2022. All performances begin at 8 pm: NYE tickets for Katy Perry.
- Zedd will play at Resorts World’s Zouk Nightclub (doors open at 10 pm). There is a $32,500 minimum expenditure for a table for numerous persons at stage seating, which starts at $100 for females’ general admission (men at $150).
The T-Mobile Arena.
- The Golden Knights take against the Ducks at T-Mobile Arena at noon if you’d want to see some hockey before the night’s celebrations. Click here to purchase your tickets: New York Rangers 12/31/21
Vegas-style hotel and casino at the Virgin brand
- Lizzo will perform at 10 pm at the old Hard Rock Casino east of the Strip. Click here to purchase your tickets: a pair of Lizzo new year’s eve tickets.
Wynn Las Vegas is a casino and hotel complex.
- Chainsmokers will once again play at the X.S. nightclub on New Year’s Eve at 9 pm. The night prior, Diplo performs.
Las Vegas’s New Year’s Eve weather
On New Year’s Day, Las Vegas has had average high temperatures of 56 degrees and low temperatures of 38 degrees in the past.
Weather.com’s New Year’s Eve prediction forecasts a partly cloudy day with a high of 58 degrees and a low of 38 degrees as of this morning’s update. It is expected to be 45 degrees at Midnight, with no precipitation but 16mph winds.
Strip security for New Year’s Eve
Following the October 2017 incident at the Route 91 Harvest Festival across Mandalay Bay, The Strip’s already robust security measures were dramatically bolstered. The security budget in the city was boosted by a factor of three.
Over 1,700 police in plain clothes patrolled the Strip on New Year’s Eve in 2019, according to Las Vegas Metro Police Department Deputy Chief Andrew Walsh. As we ring in the new year, the Nevada National Guard typically deploys one hundred soldiers to ensure everyone’s safety.
Around 5 p.m. on the 31st, the whole Strip from Mandalay Bay Road south to Sahara Avenue north will be blocked by traffic. Around 3:30 a.m. on New Year’s Day, the road will be reopened to traffic for the first time in many years.
New Year’s Eve on the Las Vegas Strip
- The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department reminds visitors that they are not permitted to bring bags or strollers onto the Strip on New Year’s Eve. There will be a curfew on the Strip on New Year’s Eve.
- After 6 p.m. on the 31st, you must be at least 18 years old to be on the Strip.
- Bags are limited to 12″ x 6″ x 12″ in size.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the Strip from 6 a.m. on the 31st to 6 a.m. the following day.
- In recent years, numerous casinos/hotels have restricted access to their facilities to those staying there.
- Mandalay Bay, for example, required all guests to provide a hotel room key before accessing the resort between the hours of 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
- If you grow weary of wandering the Strip on New Year’s Eve, the Las Vegas Monorail will operate nonstop for 44 hours to make it easier for you. Because there is no Uber/Lyft/Taxi service on Las Vegas Boulevard, this may be a viable alternative for those seeking transportation. For $13, you can obtain a 24-hour unlimited pass, or you may pay $5 for a single trip.
- There may be a delay of up to an hour if there are heavy winds. The fireworks may be cancelled if the wind persists beyond 1 a.m.
Over 60 pyrotechnicians (with the support of casino staff) are needed to put up the fireworks show, according to Fireworks by Grucci.
It was the 20th anniversary of Las Vegas Strip fireworks being fired off during America’s Party in 2019.
On New Year’s Eve in Downtown Las Vegas, Fremont Street.
Of course, the 2022 celebrations don’t end on the Strip. With its lively and vibrant atmosphere, many consider Downtown Las Vegas just as exciting as its costlier casino neighbors.
Fremont Street had New Year’s Eve fireworks last year, but the Strip didn’t because of the epidemic.
The Plaza Hotel & Casino has announced that its midnight fireworks display on December 31st, 2021, will take place on their website.
New Year’s Eve at the Fremont Street Experience
For the first time, a massive New Year’s Eve party will take place in the centre of Fremont Street, complete with performances by Bobby Brown, Vanilla Ice, Village People, A Flock of Seagulls, and Tone Loc.
On New Year’s Eve, there is a fee to enter Fremont Street and security checks. The legal drinking age in the United States is 21. Tickets for the Fremont Street Experience are $35 before taxes and fees and may be bought at VegasExperience.com.
Tickets may be bought from Fremont Street hotels and the Slotzilla zip line office closer to the event (after Christmas). New Year’s Eve tickets may be purchased at the Fremont Street entrance gates.
The $35 entry charge is subject to rising in the weeks leading up to New Year’s Eve. Of course, Fremont Street is lined with bars of all shapes and sizes. An NYE-themed, 3D motion graphics display will also be shown on the canopy above in its place.
New Year’s Eve celebrations at the Plaza Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
- A comedy event by comedian Doug Stanhope at 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve in the Plaza’s Showroom has sold out, but the Plaza has kindly hosted the fireworks display.
Additionally, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, you may buy tickets to a party that includes a supper buffet, a bar, and dancing. NYE weekend festivities include rooftop fireworks viewing and “Booze Bingo,” among others.
Plaza Las Vegas’ New Year’s Eve plans may be seen here. NYE
Around Las Vegas in the 1980s
- The Legacy Club is a stunning cocktail bar on the 60th floor of the Circa Las Vegas hotel and casino. General admission tickets for their New Year’s Eve celebration in 2022 cost $350 per person and include an open bar
Resort & Casino at the Golden Nugget
- The Showroom at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas will host one New Year’s Eve performance by Blue Oyster Cult at 8 p.m.
New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas
What’s up with Las Vegas’ New Year’s Eve fireworks?
Yes! To ring in the new year in style in 2022, there will be NYE fireworks displays on the Strip and in Downtown Las Vegas.
At midnight on December 31, the Plaza Hotel & Casino in downtown Las Vegas will host a New Year’s Eve fireworks display. Las Vegas authorities have confirmed that eight separate Strip casinos will fire fireworks together.
Can you go to the Las Vegas Strip on New Year’s Eve and see the ball drop?
Yes, but only for the benefit of the general public. At 6:30 p.m. on December 31, Las Vegas Boulevard is normally closed to vehicle traffic.
For the last big bash of 2019 (no fireworks in 2020), the Strip was blocked from traffic from the Sahara Hotel & Casino in the north to Mandalay Bay in the south for the whole duration of the event. Some of the off-ramps on Interstate 15 near the Strip have also been shut down.
On New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas, may you have a drink on the street?
It’s almost a need. As long as the beverage is contained in either an aluminum can or a plastic cup, it is legal to openly transport alcoholic drinks down the Las Vegas Strip on New Year’s Eve and any other day. Alcoholic beverages in glass bottles are not permitted on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Is New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas a safe time to visit?
Las Vegas has generally been pretty crime-free on New Year’s Eve, but everyone has their comfort level. Last year, 1,400 police officers manned the Strip and downtown throughout the event (2020).
On New Year’s Eve, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said it detained 36 persons on the Strip and Fremont Street. For misdemeanors, there were 26 of these charges filed. The Las Vegas Metro PD Traffic Bureau made another 48 arrests on New Year’s Eve on suspicion of drunk driving.
Also Checklist: Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay